Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Reading at the Lab

I got an email yesterday from Gravity Goldberg, of Instant City, asking if I'd be willing to read for them at an upcoming event. I emailed her back saying I would. It took an hour for my heart-rate to return to normal after hitting the send button on that email. I don't like reading, it makes me extremely nervous, and the idea of reading to represent Instant City practically terrifies me. Plus, the venue hosting the event is printing up press releases and fliers for it, so that makes it seem like an even bigger deal. But I know how important readings are in this game, and being scared seems like a pretty lame excuse for turning down an opportunity. I just hope I don't make a complete ass of myself.

The reading's going to be held at the Lab, on Thursday, December 13, from 6 to 8 pm. Small Desk Press will be sharing the stage.

No comments: