Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello Again

Nearly a year has passed since my last post, and now that I've probably lost whatever minuscule audience I'd built for this blog, I'm ready to post again. The dark period this blog just went through pertained to a change in employment--I went from an office job to a labor job with no regular access to computers--but I've just recently changed jobs again, and now I'm back indoors and back near a computer.

Not really all that much writing news to catch up on, anyway. The main publications to mention are two short shorts in the fiction section of January 2010's Fogged Clarity. I've added links to them in the Stories Online section to the right--the pieces are called "Love" and "A Prayer for Becky Sims." As an added bonus, Fogged Clarity also published audio files of me reading each piece--the first time a literary journal has ever asked me to do this.

I submitted those pieces to Fogged Clarity after receiving notice from editor Ben Evans that he nominated my story "Donald Mathison's Heart" for a Pushcart. Since he liked my writing enough to nominate it, I figured I'd send him more, which led to the two short shorts just published. My thanks to him for the encouragement.

Only other news is that a second Map of Fog is in the works. I'm hoping to have it in print within the next few months. If you want details, feel free to email me.

No comments: