Wednesday, December 1, 2010

loafing



Starting to fantasize about quitting my job, not getting a new one, just loafing around. I used to quit one job and take another, always thinking the next job would be better. Sometimes they were better, sometimes they weren't, but none of them have failed to overwhelm me with a desire to quit before the end of a year. This current job is, by my count, at least the 18th job I've had in the past 19 years. I've been a tree-farmer, a bartender, an able-bodied seaman, a shelf stocker, a cashier, a carpenter, a janitor, a teacher-of-english-as-a-foreign-language, a hostel-front-desk-receptionist, an audio-visual technician, and more. All of those positions offered me more money than I needed to live a simple life, but none of them felt like fair compensation for my time.

I wish my boss would fire me so I could get unemployment.

"I think I will do nothing for a long time but listen,
And accrue what I hear unto myself ... and let
sounds contribute toward me." --Walt

"Mind if I do a J?" --the Dude

No comments: